Al-Shater has previously declared that he is committed to all treaties signed with Israel; he has been criticized for maintaining such views, but Israel welcomed his statement.
Following the Libyan Islamist "Tripoli Corps" model, the Syrian Moslem Brotherhood set up a new Qatari - backed army, the Tawhid Corps.
The Libyan Commander who joined the fight in Syria, and lost 200 thousand Euros of CIA money to gypsy gangs.
The Arab Digest interviews Hala Jadid, a Syrian activist of Allawite background who lost her father following his brutal torture in Assad's prisons.
The Arab Digest interviews Syrian poet Faraj Bayrakdar, he speaks on the Assad's notorious prisons, and the Syrian revolution.
The Arab Digest speaks to an American who volunteered to fight in Libya, where he was incarcerated in Gaddafi's notorious prison. He is now thinking of joining the rebels in Syria.
March 13th, 2012:
- Murtadha Hashim Almosawi, 25 years old, from Safwa city (Qatif), Eastern Saudi Arabia was arrested.
March 14th, 2012:
- Female activists protest in front of Awamia clinic 8:00pm
- Protesters demonstrated in Samakah roundabout in Tarout, Tarout Island at 8:00pm.
(from a demonstration in Qudaih town, Qatif)
March 15th, 2012:
- Protesters demonstrated in Makkah St in Saihat city, Qatif, at 8:00pm.
- Men and women demonstrated in Qudaih town, Qatif, in front of the town's municipal building at 7:00 PM. They shouted "17 years are enough!", in reference to the province's forgotten prisoners.
March 16th, 2012 "Friday of Freedom's Solidarity.":
- A demonstration after Friday's sermons by Sheikh Abdulkareem Alhubail in Al'abbas mosque in Alrabi'iya town, Tarout Island.
- Another demonstration in Rev St, Central Qatif at 4:00pm.
March 17th, 2012:
- Muneer Adel Alquraish from Safwa city, Qatif, received a harsh sentence, 8 months in jail and 10,000 riyals ($2,666.29) penalty by Qatif Pro-Government-Sunni-Court because of "compromising security after sending a solidarity messages with Bahrain rev during Bahrain national day through his Blackberry". He has been previously held in custody for 48 days, then released after paying the penalty, and on March 17th, he was sentenced. However, Muneer holds an Airport Management degree; he graduated from a university in Amman, Jordan. He works in a job that doesn't suit his major. He lost his current job, is an orphan. He is the principal carer for his mother (a dependent).
March 18th, 2012:
- Ahmad Sameer Alqasllah 22 years old from Qatif, was arrested during the random arresting campaign Saudi troop exercise in Qatif. Ahmad is a bodybuilder in Altaraji sport club in Qatif.
March 19th, 2012:
-Abdullah Issa Almayad 25 years old from Madani village, Qatif was arrested.
"The Ethiopian woman abused in broad daylight by a Lebanese man and caught on amateur video committed suicide on Wednesday, a local NGO has confirmed.
Alem Desisa, an Ethiopian domestic worker, killed herself Wednesday morning at the Deir El Saleeb mental hospital north of Beirut, Najla Shahda, Director of Caritas' Migrant Center told Al-Akhbar.
Desisa's case received widespread attention after an amateur video aired by Lebanese television network, LBCI, last week showed a Lebanese man, allegedly her boss, physically assaulting her in front of the Ethiopian embassy.
Desisa had been at the Deir El Saleeb hospital for two weeks after Caritas requested Lebanon's General Security remove her from the abusive man's home.
"We asked them (General Security) to send her to the psychiatric hospital," Shahda said.
The incident in front of the Ethiopian embassy, although aired last week, occurred much earlier, Shahda said, adding that Caritas was aware of the case before the video surfaced.
"We have been sending a social worker to the hospital to help the woman," Shahda said.
Caritas has not yet planned legal action against the Lebanese man, identified by local media as Ali Mahfouz, caught abusing Desisa on the video.
A source inside the Internal Security Forces (ISF) said Mahfouz was arrested on Friday afternoon, and an investigation has been launched into the incident.
The source could not confirm whether Mahfouz was still in custody, but the man was spotted roaming freely in Hamra, Beirut over the weekend by a witness."
Here is our original post with the video